Window on the side of a red caboose at Pine Creek Railroad is covered in shadow cast by metal protective awning. The caboose started out as a boxcar in 1874 and was converted to a caboose in 1914 where it was used on the New Jersey Southern/Central Railroad until it was taken out of service in 1973.
In 1950 a Company in New Jersey contemplated scrapping their steam engines in favor of diesel power. A small group of railroad enthusiasts bought the engines and started the Pine Creek Railroad No. 1. In 1952 the Pine Creek Railroad Museum was formed and a group volunteers added a passenger coach. In 1962 the railroad moved to Allaire State Park in Wall Township, New Jersey and the non-profit Pine Creek Railroad Division of of the New Jersey Museum of Transportation was created. Shortly thereafter a half-mile track was built. In 1967 an old railroad station from Aberdeen Township in New Jersey was relocated to the site and refurbished. Volunteers have provided many additions over the years that allow visitors to enjoy a ride through local railroad history that is still in operation today.
July 18th, 2015
Viewed 2,547 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 09/28/2023 at 7:04 PM